Sunday, February 15, 2009

Request for information on T-26A T&E

I’m looking for T&E information on Soviet T-26 Assault Guns for 1940 time frame. How many were made and how many were in a company or battery. I am trying to build a historical force of T-26 tanks and variants for operation Barbarossa.
I did pick up a couple of books by Charles C Sharp one of them is called Red Hammers Self Propelled Artillery and Lend Lease Armor 1941-1945 which lists many of the T-26 variants from the 1930s and how many were made down to the number being 1 for testing/developement but it doesn’t even list the T-26A or T-26-4.
According to another reference there were “a few” T-26-4’s made and another states the T-26A was the most famous of the pre-war assault tanks.
I have seen references to a book called the “Red Army Handbook 1939-1945” by Steven J Zaloga but it is out of print and I have it back ordered from Amazon.
Has anyone got a copy of the Red Army Handbook that can see if these questions are answered in it for me? Or have you another source that has this information?
Thanks
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment