Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Newsgroup Question

During my absence here I have not been idle. I posted a question on a newsgroup that focuses on Tables of Organization and Equipment (TO&E) of any period and place. Many members of it are very knowledgeable have references at hand that I don’t have available. Some of my last newsgroup questions were answered from this group. In my last post and in some other research of their archives I found references to the “Red Army Handbook 1939-1945”. I have not been able to find a copy to reference; it costs over $100.00 new and is out of print. I have it back ordered as a used book but don’t expect to see it any time soon. Here is what I asked on the Newsgroup:

T-26 Assault Gun Variants question
Posted by: "sdean_796" steve@clan-dean.com
Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:13 am (PST)

I'm looking for T&E information on Soviet T-26 Assault Guns for 1940 time frame. How many were made and how many were in a company or battery. I am trying to build a historical force of T-26 tanks and variants for operation Barbarossa.
I did pick up a couple of books by Charles C Sharp one of them is called Red Hammers Self Propelled Artillery and Lend Lease Armor 1941-1945 which lists many of the T-26 variants from the 1930s and how many were made down to the number being 1 for testing/developement but it doesn't even list the T-26A or T-26-4.
According to another reference there were "a few" T-26-4's made and another states the T-26A was the most famous of the pre-war assault tanks.
I have seen references to a book called the "Red Army Handbook 1939-1945" by Steven J Zaloga but it is out of print and I have had it back ordered from Amazon for some time now.
Has anyone got a copy of the Red Army Handbook that can see if these questions are answered in it for me? Or have you another source that has this information?
Thanks
Steve

I placed this on TOandEs newsgroup on Yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment