Tuesday, February 3, 2009

First chance to use my OT-26's

This past Friday I had a chance to use my OT-26's for the first time.
A game was held at Games plus in Mt Prospect that represented the first day(s) of Barbarossa. I ran a company of Russian infantry along with 4 x OT-26 tanks. Behind me were additional Russian forces defending other objectives.
Attacking were the main invasion forces of the German army.
The German Objectives were to
- 1 Build a bridge across the Bug river
- 2 Take full control of the town (3 buildings)
- 3 take the bridge crossing a second river
My objective was to delay the attacking force and if possible stop them from taking any of their three objectives.
I was rather disappointed in my tanks performance. Three of the four died without ever getting in range to shoot and the crew of the fourth was forced to abandon their tank. They did make the invading army slow down and be cautious in their attack but never got to shoot at the attackers at all.
The Germans made their first objective of crossing the river but didn't have the time required to take their second objective.
Overall it was a Russian victory for the game.

I saw a full after action report on the game in the groups newsgroup and will paste that here when time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment