Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Answer #4:

Re: T-26 Assault Gun Variants question
Posted by: "Bob Mackenzie" bob_mackenzie@ntlworld.com bob_david_mackenzie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:22 am (PST)
Bob Mckenzie's "Comrades in Arms" lists tank strengths for the various Russian tank units in '41. Zaloga comments that most of thelight tanks were in poor repair and broke down during movement to the front.

So it does :) I have a great deal more info now.
From memory here were a handful of SU-5 with various tank corps.Some corps list T-26A artillery tanks, but not manyIf you use Google's translator I recommend the following sitehttp://mechcorps.rkka.ru/ (click the button with the KV2 on it)
* * *
I followed this recomendation and found a 47 page document in Russian. Since I can't read Russian I did feed it through Googles translator which I've been using on and off for over a year. I found their translator is limited in the amount it can translate in any given job. It averaged eight pages per job and it took seven passes to translate it all. I just finished re-assembling it into one document so I haven't finished reviewing its contents yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment