Saturday, January 10, 2009

My T-26 Forces

For my T-26 battalion I have already finished two seventeen Tank Company’s of model 1931 and model 1933 respectively and plan on building one of model 1937, when I can find the miniatures.
I have custom made, and am building now, a chemical battalion of T-26 variants. I am currently working on two companies consisting of nine flame tanks and one gun tank in each. I have custom made one company of OT-26’s (model 1931) and one company of OT-130’s (model 1933) already and just need to finish painting them. I plan, eventually to custom make one company of OT-133’s (model 1937) for a full three company chemical battalion.
For support I have already custom built:
Two different models of T-26-T Armored artillery tractors
TP-26 Personnel carriers
TN-26 Armored Observation vehicles

For additional supporting forces, in time, I will be customizing:
Assault tanks modified from the T-26 in two different configurations
TB-26 Ammunition transport vehicles
T-26-Ts Fuel transportation vehicles
ST-26 Engineer vehicles

The hardest one right now for me will be the ST-26 engineer vehicles because I will have to find blue prints or scale drawing from the different views in order to see what I need to build for the bridging it carries.

I will add further (and briefer) information as well as photos of my models in later posts. Please comment on any errors you see in my posts and offer any further missing information. As I said earlier I want to keep this as an academic reference worthy blog so please include any sources you may find and also please keep postings clean of offensive language.

Thank you and hope you find this blog useful.

3 comments:

  1. My son is a big army buff and I had to promise him that each time I visited your blog, he would be present

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of online references I have found trustworthy and usefull:

    For battalion and lower level TOEs:
    http://www.bayonetstrength.150m.com/index.htm

    For general armor technical information:
    http://www.wwiivehicles.com/

    Your "Russian Battlefield" link is wrong, try this:
    http://www.battlefield.ru/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/lang,en/

    Darrell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Darrell, I have deleteed the old link but "The Battlefield" right above it was the same one so renamed that. I'll look at your links more closely too.
    Thanks again and hope to see you at a game.

    ReplyDelete